Sender:
From:
Helga Dimitrov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 1994 14:01:17 -0500
>When I first heard about this "switch" last year, I didn't think much of
>it.  Now, after being there for a couple games, I have to wonder.  What
>rule, HE or otherwise, allows a visiting team to make this request?  Could
>BC refuse to switch, or in the spirit of fair play, are they (un)willingly
>obliging the other team?...

...Any BCers out there care to
>comment?

I'm BC by marriage ; ) but  I *do* remember the first game at Conte Forum.
BC/BU. Parker cried foul and, according to my BC friends on campus, was the
only coach to do so that year. If I remember correctly, every other HE game
I saw there over the next two years was played *normally,* unless it was
BU. I think Jackie et al have made their point about the screwup at Kelley
Rink and everyone should stick to one third period. It's getting lame when
you have some with and some without the stop in play. BC's obviously not
going to reconfigure the joint. The BC stance I've heard for obliging
Parker from the get go is that they don't want the perception of unfairness
to come up in any game. I don't know whose rule book made them do it,
though.
Helga Dimitrov
CWRU Magazine, Office of Public Affairs
Case Western Reserve University
235 Yost Hall, 216/368-6949 voice, -4835 fax