Sender:
From:
Steven Czuba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 1994 09:23:37 -0500
While on the subject of nasty fights. The worst I ever saw was
back in 82/83 at RPI in a pre-season contest with a Canadian
team the name of whom escapes me at the moment. I believe the
score was RPI 17 XXX 3 and at one point the Canadian goalie
made a save, was on his knees and an RPI forward (Kraig
Neinhaus) bowled him over which resulted in the goalie
being taken off on a stretcher for fear of a broken back.
(can't remember if it was)

the ensuing melee was not pretty, and at the time the RPI
fieldhouse had a single penalty box which of course prolonged
the problems. I remember John Carter stomping on someone in
the box with his skates. I can't remember more details, but
I seem to recall that their might have only been 10 people left
on each bench.

Ugly city

steve