Sender:
From:
Steve Czuba RPI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 1994 09:36:16 -0500
Just my 2 cents...

Huntington Hounds ??? Just my opinion but I don't like the name change if indeed
it is an official change. I never heard them announce the use of a new nickname
but it was very noticable during play as the 'huntington hounds dump the puck
in.' I wonder why the change - it's not like Husky was offending any special
interest group.

And I agree, Dawn Mitchell was awful on Friday night (didn't see BU/Maine).
Stuttered/stopped/stammered/mistaked her way through the breaks. She didn't even
update the out of town scores smoothly. 0 out of 10.

I also thought Bob Norton got overly excited about the shootout on purpose. I
don't like it, and I got the impression that HE wants no negative vibes on the
new concept so that it gains early acceptance. It's one thing if the NCAA adopts
the rule, but I hate the idea of HE having different standings/records.

Oh well. I hope RPI gets it's act together. A pretty mediocre performance
against MC yesterday, but better an ugly win.

steve