Sender:
From:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 1994 01:03:18 -0500
In the ECAC semifinals, RPI trashed Clarkson (to put it mildly)
6-2.

RPI was up 3-0 less than 4 minutes into the game. It was over before
it started. With the exception of RPI's first goal, Currie had no chance
on any of them. There were many 2-on-1's for RPI and Clarkson's defense
was non-existent. RPI led 5-1 after the first period. No contest.

In the other matchup, Harvard crushed Brown, I believe, 5-1. The twog
ames were incredibly similar. HU was up 3-0 early and 4-1 after the first.
Harvard and RPI took a lot of penalties after they got the big lead but
Brown and Clarkson couldn't convert. Brown and Clarkson's defenses
played horribly; Harvard and RPI'
s forwards looked very good. Should be quite a championship game
tommorow.

I guess it's time to give the devils their due. RPI looked truly
awesome tonight. Their forwards were just so much faster. They abused
our defensemen and our forwards looked a bit slow. Our defense couldn't
clear rebounds and RPI forwards were there to hop on them. They controlled
the play throughout. Although he didn't see much work, Neil Little looked
strong for RPI. Both he and Currie made a lot of nice saves in the third
period. He had no chance on the two goals he allowed (A PPG and a 2-on-1).
The whole team was just clicking. They should give the Crimson a good run.
I was disappointed I really expected Clarkson (and Brown, for that matter)
to put up a heck of a lot more of a fight than they did. Both teams were out
of it frmo the start. It wasn't like they weren't playing for anything. The
game (especially Clarkson's) was basically for an NC$$ berth.

On a lesser note, I'd like to give RPI's Ron Pasco a (one-fingered) salute.
As the buzzer sounded, Pasco politely flipped off the Clarkson fans and
skated away. We appreciate your classiness, Ron.

Referees Gallagher and Melanson did a pretty good job, IMO. They weren't
really a factor in the game.

Hopefully Clarkson will show up tommorow night. Any remote shot of an NC$$
bid depends on tommorow.

Sigh...

Bri Farenell                                     Clarkson '95
[log in to unmask]                 Glens Falls High '91
AHL and NCAA contact for rec.sport.hockey        Go Erin Whitten (GFH '89)!
Adirondack Red Wings, AHL Calder Cup Champs: '81  '86  '89  '92
Bri's Hoops Final Four picks: Arizona, Michigan, Kentucky and Florida.
Let's go Tech!  Better dead than Red!    Go Wildcats Go! (Arizona, of course)