Sender:
From:
Ross_Bracco USA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 1994 12:43:06 PST
Mark Hegarty said,

>This is interestingly relevant to the Clarkson/RPI series.  In early 1984,
>the first game played by Clarkson as "Clarkson University" was against the
>extremely talented RPI Engineers, then ranked #1 in the country.  As you may
>recall, RPI won the national title that year.

>To make a long story short, Clarkson managed to defeat RPI with a much less
>talented team, 3-2.

Just to clear that up a little - in 83/84, I believe RPI went to the semi-finals and
lost, with a final record of 32-6.  It was the following season, 84/85, that the
team won the NC$$s.  RPI's only losses that year were to North Dakota and
St. Lawrence.

Interestingly enough, the 84/85 season was the last time RPI swept the season
series from Clarkson - before this year!  Is it prophetic?  We'll have to hope!
:-)  That's MY kind of interestingly relevant!!  :-)

Ross
ps. Go RPI!
pps. anybody out there (Larry?) know if Greater Rochester (NY) Cablevision
will be airing any games this weekend?