Sender:
From:
Patrick Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 12:37:35 EST
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
>On the positive side for BU, (or down side for Maine) Maine's offense in the
>even-strength situations was non-existent for the fourth straight BU-Maine
>game.  (I'm not sure how the one goal was scored in the second game last month
>for Maine, but that's, at MOST, one even-strength goal vs. BU in 4 games!)

I would tend to disagree.  While statistically speaking Maine May not
have scored but they had a TON of chances.  One that seems to stick out
was in teh first period, Mckersie (sp?) Made the original stop, but the puck
spun beneath him, and he had to turn and jump on it with the puck slowly
making its way toward the goal.  Any team's offense or defense can get
lucky, or Unlucky.  This night it was the unlucky bounce for Maine that
spelled their doom.  Maine had numerous offensive chances to score,
At time Mckersie had the big save, at others, the puck just didn't go
the right way.  I just don't see how Maine's overall offense could be
non-existant.  That implies that Maine didn't have even stregth shots,
or opportunities, which just isn't true.

But all the same BU won and they deserved it.  Maine got their
opportunity and that is all they could ask for...

          Pat Ellis