Sender:
From:
Brian Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 1994 08:37:30 EST
>academic index.  Gilligan (UVM's hockey coach) said the absence of an
>academic index would not be beneficial to UVM 'because I don't think kids
>would be successful academically if we took lower kids.'  UVM does not have
>an equivalent program of RPI's management course."

In other words UVM isn't interested in actually teaching their students?  If a
scholar athlete comes in smart, he goes out with a degree.  If he is less
scholastically inclined he gets zip, or doesn't get in at all?  I can see the
advantage in recruiting:  "Come to UVM.  Play hockey, be successful, get a
degree!  No need to worry about learning, your smart, so we reward you.  (Dumb
guys need not apply.)"

Am I missing something here?  (Note, this is NOT a UVM flame.)

>I've taken courses at both UVM and RPI, seen *lots* of hockey at UVM and RPI
>(once held season tickets at both schools for the same season) and can
>distinguish between Ryan's writing and fact.  Ryan habitually elevates UVM,

Wow!  That should get some kind of award.  Most Northway trips in a winter!
Most brushes with death on 22-A!  Best driver in white-out conditions!  I
am truly impressed.
                    _
            "NYS   // Hockey"
        Go 'Gate  //   Brian Morris
          Go RPI //      Albany, NY
         (______/

First Ever Route 7 Series This Weekend:  BEAT UNION!