From:
"Satow, Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satow, Clay
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 12:45:33 -0500
I wrote

> << Also, it seems to me
> to be better to not have the tournament on someone's home rink, after the
> flap last year over North Dakota's "home" game at Yost Arena.  You can't
> prevent a "neutral" facility being more convenient for one team and its
> fans, but you can make sure that it's not "home turf." >>

Jerry Williams replied:

<[. . . ] Though truthfully, I do believe it would be more
> fair to always hold the regionals at neutral locations.>

That was my only point.  For the record, I am not a fan of any western team.
I only brought up the North Dakota example last year because it was brought
up as an issue this year.  So I ain't forgetting anything; if I had paid
enough attention in previous years to know about the MSU situation you
mention, I would have brought that up as well.  It doesn't matter to me that
MSU didn't win; just because they failed to capitalize on their advantage
doesn't mean that there was no advantage.  Unless there is a NEED for them
to be at campus locations (as, for example you could argue there is for D3),
in my opinion, they shouldn't be.

Clay