From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 13:14:59 -0500
Dave Hatfield wrote about HE at the FleeCenter:

>lack of other scores...while they did mention a few updates over
>the PA from other conf. action, why not post more regularly to the
>scoreboards they have scattered about the Fleet, including the BIG one
>hanging over center ice?...they do it for other NHL games when the B's are
>playing; was it really necessary to show that composite drawing with all
>the HE team mascots ad nauseum?  I got sick of seeing THAT fairly quickly,
>& wished they showed other scores; and as long as it's a college/NCAA
>event, why not offer some hoop scores as well?  Some of us were interested!

Two comments:
1.  No doubt the strict NC$$ rules applied to conduct of the event, save
except serving beer.  The most obvious example was the announcer -- the
"let's play hockey" guy, not the regular guy who does hockey for the
Bruins.

The NC$$ took down the Bruins banners during last year's Final Four.  It
was truly a shame the kids couldn't skate below the banner for Robert
Gordon Orr.

2.  I wish the FleeCenter video/graphic gurus showed other "major" sports
results / scores during Bruins games at the Vault.  They show NHL only.  HE
fans now join our little misery club.

This from someone who is a 11-year Bruins season ticket holder.

Dan Doucette

***  Isn't it fitting someone named Garth Snow is playing  ***
***            for a hockey team in Canada   ???           ***