From:
Rita-Ann Monde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita-Ann Monde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:40:30 -0800
Greetings from hockey purgatory... also known as Eugene OR
I'm trying to figure out how and where to watch Cornell play this
weekend. I did go to the NCAA site
http://www.ncaasports.com/icehockey/mens/story/6263459
where I found a detailed list of what stations are supposed to be
carrying the games live [note it does not say when this list was
updated]. So for Cornell's first game, I guess the only good thing
about them planting MSU is that it will be covered on Fox Sports Net
North.

I found a sports bar [Quackers] that opens at 7 am and has satellite
TV. However, since the game starts at 9 am on the west coast, I don't
expect to have the most knowledge staff working at that ungodly hour.
I have very little working knowledge of how satellite TV's work
[hooking up my dvd player did me in :) :)] So to minimize any
confusion, does Fox Sport Net North [for minnesota, North Dakota] have
any special station number? What do I need to tell the waitstaff in
order to tune into the games.. Is fox sports net north enough info?

Saturday's game seems pretty straight forward... It seems like sunday's
game is being carried by more local stations
 >>>East Regional Finals, March 30, Noon Eastern time
Live Clearances
Viewing Area    Network/Station Affiliate
Orlando         Sunshine Network
Pittsburgh      Fox Sports Pittsburgh
Minneapolis     Victory Sports - KSTC
New Orleans     Cox Sports Television
Portland        AT&T Portland
Oklahoma        Oklahoma City - Channel 3
St. Louis       Charter St. Louis - Channel 21
Memphis         Time Warner Memphis - Channel 6
Tulsa   Cox Tulsa - Channel 78
Indianapolis    Comcast Indianapolis - Channel 28
Fort Wayne      Comcast Fort Wayne - Channel 70
Nebraska        Charter Media
North and South Dakota  Midco Cable

Are any of these stations available on satellite? and again.. how do I
find them?
Thanks in advance for any help and advice.
And if anyone else is in the eugene oregon area and wants to watch the
games at Quackers, email me!

Let's Go Red!!!

Rita-Ann Monde

Trinity College 1991