From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 13:00:23 EDT
<snip>

Yes, there will probably be the odd cut from an accidental stick or puck to
the face but there are other injuries that will be reduced.

You must of course be referring to Clymer's rhinoplasty (nose job) scheduled
for this off-season. I believe the nose got broken several times this year.

Here are the facts: most of these guys don't make it through a season without
needing reconstructive, therapeutic, rehabilitative, or other surgical or
medical procedures.

Mutual respect for each other as opponents is missing. I think that's taught
too. The professionalization of amateur sports has aided a reckless disregard
among athletes.

Vicki Price
Concussion Free Zone
at violentcontact.net