From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rowe, Thomas
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 12:17:35 -0500
Charlie notes:

> there was also a short piece on the local "wake up" show on NBC where
> Scarano was interviewed.  Scarano said that CC is delighted with Lucia,
> but that if asked, he'll give permission to other schools to talk to
> Lucia because Lucia should have an opportunity to talk to other schools.

The real question is why Lucia would want to leave CC.  I know CC is a very
small school, but it is also a powerhouse in college hockey.  Is there a
problem recruiting for CC?  Would Lucia have a better chance at a bigger
school to win a National title?  Or would he get paid a lot more?  Hey - no
offense Minnesotans, but I would rather live in Colorado than Minnesota (or
Wisconsin for that matter) if I had the choice.

BTW, if he really wants to leave, and Minnesota can't strike a deal, leave
us not forget the UW has a history hiring CC coaches.  :-)  Maybe we could
convince Jeff Sauer its time to retire.

Tom Rowe                                          [log in to unmask]
Home of Division 3 National Champion Pointers
89, 90, 91 & 93 and National Runners Up 92 & 98