From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward N. Moller
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:38:22 -0500
> As has been observed, Red Berenson should try to get a patent on his
> timeout speech.

The speech was pretty simple.  He merely instructed his players to trade
jerseys with the other team.

>I'm sure Mark Morris knew the risks, but I still think it wasn't
>a bad idea. To me, he was proving to his players and the fans
>that he wasn't about to give up. The chances that Clarkson would
>have come back to tie the score were probably about the same as
>Jack Kevorkian being acquitted. The reasons were pretty simple to
>me:

There was a guy in section 215 Friday night in Worcester who was the
spitting image of Jack Kevorkian.  He was ever wearing a black turtle neck.
We figured he was rooting for Michigan.

Let's hear it for Hockey East!  I've kept quiet over these debates in the
past but I'll say it here.  From top to bottom it's the strongest conference
in the game, and this weekend they proved it.  Forget about using those
computer models that get discussed here ad nauseum.  Mark Twain said it
best:  "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics."  This weekend HEA
proved it where it counts.

God must be punishing me.  I'm a BU fan flying 3000 miles to see three
Hockey East opponents in the Frozen Four (sm).  I won't be able to attend
the Thursday night matchup due to Passover, thus making religion the only
thing standing between me and college hockey.  I'll get to watch my two
dearest teams in the world, BC vs. Maine, while missing the one matchup I
want to see, UNH vs. MSU.  And to top it off it's in Anaheim, Mo Vaughn's
new business address.

I still have four tickets for sale for the UNH-MSU game.  Section 202 behind
the net.

Regards to all at the Hockey-L dinner.  My family will be attending a
Hockey-L seder.  And I'll be rooting for UNH while reading from right to
left.

Edward N. Moller
Controller
Mount Ida College