From:
"Satow, Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satow, Clay
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 08:06:10 -0500
I was pleasantly surprised by the attendance, posted as something like 8500.
BTW, the attendance for Saturday was announced as 12,500+, which the
announcer said was the largest crowd ever to watch a regional game.  Nice
crowd from Clarkson and Maine, and tons of folks from UNH.

A couple of possibilities for empty sections.

1.  The pattern of how the Centrum sold tickets.
2.  The empty sections were tickets held by groups of people (e.g. Michigan
fans, working folks) who couldn't or didn't want to make the first game, or
who skipped Friday entirely (UNH fans), or by the schools, who couldn't get
the tickets distributed or resold.

Clay