From:
Rebecca Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rebecca Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 12:50:14 -0500
        The band has a theory on when we'll get a new rink -- it depends on
who dies first, Parker or Silber.  Silber keels over, we'll start
construction on a new arena the next day; Parker goes, and WBA will stand
as is.
        The team who really gets shortchanged on this whole thing is
actually basketball; they play in what would be a really good high school
gym.  The plans I've heard are that they'd actually tear down the Armory,
thereby depriving half the rat population in the greater Boston area, as
well as the marching band, of a home, and build the arena there.
        Then they'd take the WBA and remodel it into a roundball venue, and
use Case Gym for intermurals and PE classes.  As for the new dorm, it's a
three-tower monstrosity (18, 15 and 9 floors, I think) with all single
rooms that is supposed to open for fall 2000.

--terriergrl