From:
William Corrigan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Corrigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 10:41:42 -0400
>At 09:56 AM 6/26/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks to Wayne for the bits of news during a long (and wet!) off-season.  A
>question...
>
>(5)  Ice hockey assistants--Army named Brian Riley assistant coach.
>     Riley was head coach at Shattuck-St.  Mary's School in Fairbault,
>     Minnesota, for two years...
>
>Anybody know if Brian is any relation to the father-son head coaches at Army,
>Jack Riley and (current coach) Rob?
>
>--
>Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
>              strictly those of:
>
>Bill Fenwick
>Cornell '86 and '95                                             DJF  5/27/94
>LET'S GO RED!!                                                  JCF  12/2/97

        BRIAN RILEY is a son of former Army Coach Jack Riley and a brother of
current Army Coach Rob Riley.  A 1983 graduate of Brown and co-captain of
the Bears who lead his team in scoring during his senior year, Brian was a
tough, hard-nosed forward who played the game the only way the Rileys know
how and accumulated
63 career points on 28 goals and 35 assists.

        Brian had previously served as an assistant to Rob at West Point before
accepting the Shattuck-St. Mary's position two years ago.

Bill Corrigan

LET'S GO BRUNO!

Attention ECAC: Eight is Enough - Flush the Final Five!
                Add my name to your crusade, John.