From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 12:53:22 EST
greenie writes:

> Okay, so I understand that Maine will be participating in the HEA playoffs
> this year. So I've got a question: So what happens to the automatic
> tournament bid if Maine wins? Will the runner-up be awarded the bid?

The precedent from pituitary-ball seems to be that if a team on probation
wins a conference (and therefore an automatic bid), the automatic bid is
lost.

It is not like the Miss America crown, it doesn't pass to the first
runner-up should the winner not be able to fulfill their duties. :-)

Of course, there would still be the fact that each conference is
"guaranteed" two berths in the tourney, and that the regular season
champion also gets an automatic bid (the CC rule, which still stinks).

See you later,
John

--
John Edwards       Stats Geek, Ottawa Senators Jr. A Hockey Club (21-12-1)
Email: [log in to unmask]    URL: http://chat.carleton.ca/~jedwards