From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 09:19:47 EST
The Hockey East column in the current Hockey News leads with an item on
UMass-Lowell's junior winger Marc Salsman.  Unfortunately their headline
writer got a bit dyslexic when reading about how Salsman became UML's
designated "shadow" against Merrimack on November 14th and titled the
article "Merrimack's (sic) Salsman a shadow supreme".   The article went
on to note that in the Governor's Cup Salsman shadowed Vermont's Martin St.
Louis and then UNH's Mark Mowers and between them they only generated a
single assist by Mowers while even strength.

The article went on to talk about the Governor's Cup and credits Shawn Walsh,
Bruce Crowder, and former UML AD Wayne Edwards with its creation.  It quotes
Crowder saying, "I hope it becomes permanent.  When I'm 60, I'd like to look
back at the tournament, which would be in about its 30th year, and say, 'I had
a part in that.'"  My guess is that Crowder's typically tongue-in-cheek
reference to his current age being 30 was lost on his audience.

DaveH