From:
Nathan Boyle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 1995 21:53:17 -0400
Bob Petrie made his return tonight against the Brock Badgers.  I really
can't say what I thought of his effort.  Brock really didn't put any
serious pressure on him most of the night.  They got rather determined in
the third period, but were never really in the game.

Brock did catch the Falcons flat footed (or is that skated?) about 30
seconds into the first period.  A couple of Brock attackers sped past the
BG rear guard and seemed to surprise BG with their speed.  They caught
Petrie napping and scored.  BG responded almost immediately.

I wasn't overly thrilled with the effort I saw on the ice tonight.  I
expected to see a more intense effort, and little let up. Instead they just
seemed to coast through, and didn't match Brock's intensity in the third
period.  It may that the team just isn't in game shape yet.  They haven't
been at it as long as they were by the first few games last year.

In any case BG is going to have to turn up the effort if they are going to
beat Mich. State next week.

Nathan W.L. Boyle
BGSU-8, Brock-2