From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 1995 23:52:48 -0100
At 7:30 AM 9/24/95, Arthur Berman wrote:
>I don't think BU plays any games during the tournament except, perhaps,
>the UNH game in early January.

BU actually will play two games during the junior tourney (Dec 26-Jan 4).
They'll be in the Badger Showdown on Dec 28-29.

The UNH game is Jan 5, so with the juniors in Boston, we could see the BU
personnel returning for this game, especially if USA does not make the
medal round (top 4).  The gold and bronze medal games will both be held on
Jan 4.  If USA does play on Jan 4, maybe Parker will be back behind the
bench for the UNH game the next night (or maybe not), but even if he is, I
would not be surprised if he decides to rest his junior team members who
will have played upwards of 6-7 games in the previous 10 days or so.  BU's
next game after UNH is Jan 12 at BC.

The only DivI college games played in the Boston area during the tourney
will be (all nonconference):

Dec 30 Brown @ Mass Lowell; Union @ Merrimack
Jan 1  Brown @ Merrimack
Jan 2  Army @ Northeastern

This does not include the Sheraton/USAir Classic which will be held up in
Burlington, VT on Dec 29-30.

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93
***** Unofficial Merrimack Hockey home page under construction at:  *****