From:
George Orfanakis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 1994 22:42:06 MST
I was talking with some friends of mine in the Sports Information Department
today and they were telling me that UM coach Woog told CC coach Don Lucia,
while the teams were shaking hands after Saturday's game, that he had a bounty
on Peter Gerrenazzo. Now Peter (#24) G. did run the UM goalie one time but I
couldn't believe such a story. I talked to several players today and they
verified that Woog did in fact say this. Can I say this, dumb move, very dumb.
Not only is it incredibly childish and unprofessional but to say it to a coach?
It looks kinda bad after taking the worst loss in years, and to say this to the
coach is brainless. What does Woog think he is going to accomplish, does he
think nothing will come of it?
        I know of no official action on behalf of Don Lucia, but this Tuesday
so it is a little early to say. Maybe nothing will happen which would be the
biggest Christmas present Woogy could get but none the less Santa knows who has
been naughty.
        Regardless of official action it is pretty classless. The first 5 goals
CC scored they had to really work for, the next 4 the UM goalies' checked out!
It wasn't fun for them I am sure but come on!

Anyways it is Christmas break so I will not be up on things for some time, if
anybody hears anthing about this I would like to know. Later...

Happy Holidays!!!!!
George Orfanakis
*  Josh Orfanakis                      "Dust off those rusty strings         *
*  [log in to unmask]          just one more time"                  *