From:
Andrew Rapoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Rapoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 16:05:45 CST
> Wisconsin was even more disappointing. After some fine WCHA
> conference play, I expected more. Admittedly, the first period of
> their game against Michigan looked great, but they couldn't sustain
> that level of play. One good period of hockey out of them the whole
> weekend. If this continues, they are definitely a second tier WCHA
> team this year.
>
>                                                 Lee-nerd

Wisconsin is 7-3-1 in conference play and are tied for first place.
They have only four conference games left against teams that are
currently "ahead" of them:  Minnesota by virtue of them sweeping
Wisconsin earlier and Colorado College by virtue of them having some
games in hand on Wisconsin.  They have six games left against
teams that they have yet to play (St. Cloud State and Alaska-
Anchorage) and who are having disappointing seasons so far.  They
have one game left (a home game) against the only other conference foe
to have beaten them (Minnesota-Duluth,  a team that Wisconsin has
beaten twice if you count the Hall of Fame exhibition game and have
tied another time).  I think it may be a little premature to write
Wisconsin off as a "second tier WCHA team this year" based on their
performance at the Showcase.  If the Showcase games showed me
anything, it is that Wisconsin probably will have to win the regular
season title or the playoff title to get an NCAA tournament bid.

IMHO,

Andrew Rapoff