Date:
Sun, 27 Nov 1994 12:22:00 -0600
In the Pioneer Press today it said that Justin McHugh would be out
6-8 weeks with strained knee ligaments, and Nick Checco would be out
3-5 with a slight shoulder separation.  However, I saw Justin after the
game last night and he was walking with aid of crutches, but able
to put weight on the leg.  The Gophers once again pulled off a great
comeback, because I was working I only got to see about half of the game
(I tell ya, 2 days straight working 12 1/2 hours will kill ya) but luckily
I was in the arena to see the 4 Gopher goals.  What I found interesting as
I was standing down by the bench was that all 3 Gopher goalies were dressed
for the game.  Officiating, well I heard from a bunch of fans (and judging
from the "boos" that I could hear way down in our office) that it was less
than high standard, but I didn't see enough of the game to judge for myself.
I did notice that Shepard seemed to swallow his whistle until near the end
of the 3rd.  And, on the subject of officials, in Friday's Michigan-WI
game 2 players were ejected, I don't recall who from Michigan, but it was
one of those great Strobel twins from Wisconsin, who continued the fight on
the way to the locker room.  He threw his stick at the Michigan player, and
had to be held back by a cop.  Nice attitude.  I will say that the Michigan
player did not try to retaliate in any way.  I was down at the north well
ramp at the time, and Shepard was standing right next to me and said
"those c**k-sucking Strobels"  (please, no Wisconsin hate-flames to me,
the words came directly from Shepards mouth).

Anyway, a great weekend overall for the Gophers, and hopefully the injuries will
heal soon!

Katie
Go Gophers!   9 - 2 - 1