From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 1994 09:22:00 PST
Jason Pierce writes...
  ------
3) Why the hell did the Ferraros play this past weekend's two games?  Why
did
they give up a whole year of eligibility (there's that word again!) just to
play two games?  Kariya did the smart thing by waiting to see what Maine's
future would be;  if they do get a bid (yeah, right!) then he could still
come back, but if they don't he's still go that extra year to fall back on.
(Not that any of those three will necessarily use all four years of
eligibility, of course.)
  ------

I agree that the decision by the Ferraros was strange.  To me, it is an
indication that they intended not to play more than three full seasons of
college hockey regardless.  But, I don't see any smart moves on Kariya's
part.  He already played 12 games this season, so playing last weekend
should have had no affect on his remaining eligibility.  Right?

  John H
  U Mich