From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 1994 13:40:16 -0500
In an interesting little twist to the season, Coach Bob mancini decided
to "start all over" this week.  On Monday morning he called the first team
meeting of the year, and reissued the equipment, and then held the first
practice of the year.  All trying to get the team backl to the level it
started out the year.  saying the season starts now.  Interesting that
he didnt wait till next week to do this, for the "NEW" season thats starts in
the playoffs, but this week before the NMU home and home series.

By the way if there is anyone on the list from NMU coming to houghton friday
night, let me know.  I should Be easy to find this week, as I am in charge
of the 50/50 raffle friday night, so I'll be near the front door, full beard,
orange hat and 50/50 apron on! ;-)

 Anyone getting here early let me know maybe we can go for dinner before the
  game.  Usually Steve Christopher goes out with us, but Rumor has it he's
   tanning his backside on an island in the Carribean somewhere.... Its actually
    more than just a rumor, he mailed me his NMU tickets for sat night before
    he left! ;-)  Enjoy Steve.

The series will determine the awarding of the annual Ramada Inn cup, which goes
to the winner of the series.  Talking to a few of the guys this week, they would
like to try and salvage something of the season by winning the cup for the first
time.  Saturday night they will also be trying to avoid going winless in the
league on the road for the first time in league history.

I've been a cub fan since the mid 60's so I already know the meaning of:

Just wait till next year!   ;-)

Bob