Sender:
From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 18:33:09 -0500
Let's start a campaign to have ESPN hire a competent announcer to do the
play-by-play for the Providence final in 2000.

My candidates (in order):

1.  Gary Thorne.

I know, he comes from Maine, writes a column for the Bangor, Maine Daily
News, and announced for Maine before hitting the big time.  But, he is
employed now by E$PN doing hockey and is really a college hockey fan.  I
think he would bring the same level of enthusiasm as the late Tom Mees, and
could be objective (when Maine appears again next year ?).

2.  Sean McDonough

Probably even better than Gary Thorne overall doing the game, but CBS
affiliation is an albatross.  Once did college games on New England Sports
Network with the inimitable Bob Norton as his color man.

Probably some midwest types who would qualify, too.  But who do we complain
to about getting real announcers ?  Not "NC$$ Productions", I hope.

Dan Doucette

***  Isn't it fitting someone named Garth Snow is playing  ***
***            for a hockey team in Canada   ???           ***

Maine - National Champions 1993 and 1999 -
first in the new Millennium ?