Sender:
From:
Indulis R Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 23:20:05 -0500
On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Vicki Price wrote:

> Countdown 2002: Gophs have time to get a new coach, turn the program around,
> and bring home the goods. Who will be behind the bench?

According to the local Twin Cities media, the 3 contendahs are:

CC Coach Don Lucia - has expressed interest, according to "the sources";

UND Coach Dean Blais - some of the nattering nabobs of The Good Neighbor
(WCCO-AM) speculated that, even though Blais "has it made" at UND
(long-term contract for big $, a new arena on the way, the blessings of
Herr Engelstadt), he seems to be a guy that wants a challenge, i.e.
coaching in the NHL or perhaps perhaps perhaps coaching the Gophs;

U of MN Asst. coach Mike Guentzel - reportedly will get "an interview". I
hope he gets at least *some* serious consideration, cuz he's got spunk. I
like spunk!

Let the speculatin' begin!

-Indy Rutks ([log in to unmask])

P.S. I only *pretend* to know what I'm writing about...