Sender:
From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 23:35:57 EDT
 On 4-6-99 [log in to unmask] wrote:
<snip>

<P.S.  I hope the water polo finals ARE in Vermont next year!

(-:

How separatist of you. I think the whole west coast should just secede from
further college hockey participation (while they sink slowly below the
western horizon) for Greg.

>If the newspaper coverage of the tournament is indicative of >local fan
interest..

I've heard UCLA and SC want teams. Without a movement to generate more
college hockey interest, and without big schools starting up programs,
despite new arenas popping up, ice hockey is still a struggle for
Californians. I didn't see the face mask article; there is however a recent
study done by the Calgary Flame's team physician. It's a first ever study; it
compares two Canadian teams, one with a full shield and one with a half
shield. This information comes from an article by Adam Mertz for the Capital
Times in Madison: Concussions were more severe with a half shield. According
to the Flames physician, he believes that players wore their full visor
correctly aiding in their protection while half visors were tilted back. If
this was in the article, it's very current.

Vicki Price
Concussion Free Zone
at: violentcontact.net