Sender:
From:
Joseph M LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 08:58:43 -0600
From the thr 4/2/99 edition of the online Boston Globe

Hockey East Commissioner Joe Bertagna said, ''I am expecting some
teams to make requests to enter Hockey East. I've heard talk, but I
haven't received an official request from any school.'' ... Niagara coach
Blaise McDonald, who was an assistant to Jack Parker at BU for four
seasons said, ''Our program, is going just great. We're about to make
a request to enter Hockey East in a year or two. We have the rink, the
fan support to bring good things to the Hockey East table. And I know
we'll be competitive.'' One thing McDonald misses about Boston are
the clothing stores. McDonald is one of the best dressed hockey
coaches in the country ... Quinnipiac College athletic director Jack
McDonald said, ''We're shooting for a spot in Hockey East, too.''
Quinnipiac is knocking on doors for spots in Christmas tournaments all
over the country ...
=====
To me

Part one (Niagara) makes sense.  HEA may not like the travel, though.

part 2 (Quinnipiac) seems like another "Don't let the facts get in the
way of a good story" Globism.

Unless----reorganization of Eastern hockey is in the works (3 leagues to
4??)
---

Joe
Clarkson '77/78
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]