From:
Christopher Lerch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1993 10:13:05 PST
I talked to Tom Keegan recently - he's the president of the ACHA
and the publisher of the College Hockey Guide. I subscribed to
College Hockey magazine this year through the ACHA, which
offered a College Hockey Guide/College Hockey Magazine package
deal.

Tom says that the original publisher (forgot his name) of CHM sold
it to Howe publishing and became their employee. Things "didn't
work out" between the two and Howe decided not to publish CHM.
The two parties finally reached a settlement, releasing the original
publisher from his contract with Howe as of 12/1/93.

According to Tom, the new US College Hockey Magazine is indeed
being put out by the same original publisher, and they plan on
putting out their first issue in January.

I also decided to continue my subscription - we'll see what happens.

Chris

PS - Tom and company have recently relocated the ACHA
headquarters from Chicago to Jacksonville, Florida.  I kid you not.