From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1993 10:36:17 CDT
One tidbit from Scud Hartman's column in today's Star-Tribune (all Scud
accuracy disclaimers apply):  Mike Hastings is to be the new assistant
at St. Cloud (replacing former Oympian John Harrington, who took the
head-coaching job at nearby Div III St. John's).

Also, it was announced last week, but I never saw posted that Gopher
hockey radio broadcasts have been awarded to KSTP radio, after being
on KFAN (and being preempted by T-wolves) for the last 2 years.  The
play-by-play announcer will be 25-year Morth Stars play-by-play man
Al Shaver.  Several people are being considered for the color position,
including Al's son Wally, who did color for Gophers' TV broadcasts until
last year, and teamed up with his dad to do color on the final North
Stars' broadcast.  Another name I saw mentioned was Pat Micheletti, the
former Gopher who did color on KFAN last year.  KSTP became very interested
in Gopher hockey since they lost the North Stars, which they had been
covering for years.

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!
1993 WCHA Playoff Champions!!!
18 Days Until the Mariucci Grand Opening!!!