From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:48:59 -0500
Other Twin Citians, please verify this, but as I recall the Twin Cities radio broadcast of the USSR game WAS the one picked up from Canadian radio.  (Was it on KSTP-AM??)  I remember being surprised how obviously the Canadian announcers were rooting for the US.

So, my memories of the USSR game are of listening to the radio after school that afternoon and pacing back and forth as the time ticked down.  My visual memories are of watching the gold medal game and seeing the players' tension on the bench as the US needed to kill off a couple of penalties in the closing moments for the gold medal.

-Pam Sweeney

Pat Gonzales wrote:
(And if I recall correctly, I
couldn't get the Twin Cities station broadcasting the game and had to
resort to a station out of Rochester [MN] who was relaying a
*Canadian* broadcast!)