From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward N. Moller
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:44:09 -0500
On Friday I wrote:

> > There is a regular season trophy and the Lamoriello Cup.  The RS trophy
> > is much less spectacular than the tourney trophy.
>
> I'm still confused.  According to Deron's earlier post HEA will hand out the
> trophy this weekend at the Whit.  To my knowledge this has never been done
> before, or else I'd have seen them do it many times at Walter Brown Arena.
> Is this a new policy from Joe Bertagna, or did BU pass on the award as they
> look on it as having no value?

After much ranting on my part (and I hope this did not cause anyone to signoff
from the list) over this regular season title jazz, it became readily apparent
to me on Saturday night why there has never been an issue of an HEA regular
season trophy.  That had to be the chintziest trophy I have ever seen.  It
looked like Sean Matile was going to wear it over his head when he left the
ice.  How much did Joe Bertagna put down on his expense report for that thing?
30 bucks?  The thing was so cheap looking they already had the UNH label screwed
onto the base.  I've got cereal bowls that are more ornate than that.

Aside from that, congratulations to the Wildcats on a convincing weekend blowout
of the Black Bears. Enjoy your trophy and fill it up with your favorite snack
... one pound bag max.

The large ice surface at Towse Rink gets the number 1 star for the two games.  I
won't predict who would win, but if we see these two at the Fleet Center, the
results should be different as the game will be much closer.

--
Edward N. Moller
Controller