From:
"Satow, Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satow, Clay
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 17:19:01 -0500
Excellent post, Greg.

I think you reflect my reaction to fighting very well, with a couple if
minor exceptions.  I think that there are many more fans who have your view
of fighting -- laughing at the absurdity of it all -- than you say.  My high
school hockey playing son thinks the fights are a gas, but it doesn't affect
his game one bit.

As for Robb's "exception," I think it's just that.  There will always be the
lunatic fringe.  I'll betcha the guy's career is over soon, if it isn't
already.

One final comment:

>>On the fan side, spend 5 minutes in Boston Garden (for that matter,
anywhere
in Boston) and you'll see that evolution missed 75% of our charming
brethren<<

Rotsa ruck finding the Boston Gahden.  And I assume by your comment that you
mean that evolution missed 75% of our brethren, and the remaining 25% live
in Boston.

Clay