From:
"Loggia, Andy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Loggia, Andy
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:16:55 -0500
Larry,

Okay, I'll start off with point D:
>D. Will the ECAC schools discover they are south of the 49th parallel and
need
>only play one anthem (their own) prior to games?

I *love* the fact they do this. In fact, everytime I go to a Caps game, I
wish they would do this. I try to talk my wife into mainly going to games
with Canadian teams in hopes they sing this; she instead wants to go see
Gretzky and the Rangers or those pesky (and most hated) Flyers. I guess I
should just be happy she wants to go to hockey games at all! I really like
the Canadian anthem; it's easier to sing (not so many high notes) and you
don't have people shouting out "O's" during it. I've search my family
history but alas, we are from Italy/Eastern Europe. But, I digress. I know
the argument is, "most of the players are from Canada". Which people then
reply "not any more or so they are discriminating against people from
Europe. Why don't they play the Swedish/Croatia/Czech/etc anthems?" This
goes back and forth.

Does anyone know if they have always done this? Ralph/Tony - Did RPI do this
before the joined ECAC?

Andy
RPI (not Rensselaer) 1991