From:
Derek Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Derek Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 1998 13:36:43 -0500
I have an idea...lets argue about posting scores in the subject heading
for three months.  Since 80% of the hockey-l posts are greeted with my
'delete' button anywise, why not several more?  I can't believe we need
to post 'compromise' statements regarding something this stupid.

I suggest we hold a meeting where we vote on a council to oversee the
posting practices of hockey-lers.  The immoral act of 'subject headings'

will forever be dealt with harshly!!  Furthermore, we should draft a
constitution laying out the law regarding posts, such as:

Paragraph V, ACT III, section C3:  No Hockey-l'er shall interfere with
the Video Tape Recording clause of 1997 whereas any person wishing too
'record' a game for later viewing (all applicable laws regarding
copyrights apply) shall enjoy the 'recording' without the possession of
knowledge suggestive of the outcome of the contest in question.

Of  course, this amendment would have to be voted on my members of
Hockey-L parliament, whereas Minnesota fans may only vote on matters
regarding the state of Minnesota since they only recruit within the
state.  We must also ensure that 50% of the voters are women to comply
with Title IX and that no frozen gophers were used in the voting
process.

Thank You,

Derek Gordon