From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 13:03:12 -0600
On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Joseph M LaCour wrote:

> While watching the (taped :( ) coverage of the USA - Canada women's game
> this AM, John Davidson said that Canadian National team coach Shannon
> Miller was to be the women's hockey coach at Duluth -- with 18
> scholarships?

The Canadian coverage alluded to rumours that Miller would go coach in
the States, but didn't name any schools specifically.

That said, I am pretty sure that UMD is starting up a program, along with
Bemidji State.

> BTW, I DID watch the game live on CBC.  'Twas a thrill at 6:10 AM EST to
> watch the USA win gold, especially when the pros..........

It was a good game. I'm understandably not happy with the results, but
the US team played a better game. It was interesting to watch with some
members of my hockey team. They were yelling at the Canadians for doing
things that would have had our coach pulling his hair out. :-)

> It was a darn shame that an emerging program could not get the exposure
> in this country that could give women's hockey (and hockey in general) a
> jump start.  I hate to see what will happen in '02 @ Salt Lake.

"We'll get back to this USA 5-on-3 power play, right after this 'Up Close
and Personal' segment on the American Stick Girl's mother."

See you later,
John

--
John Edwards - [log in to unmask] - http://www.islandnet.com/~jedwards