From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg R. Berge
Date:
Fri, 23 May 1997 17:23:16 -0400
> Vermont is still full of untapped potential, they should fight for the
top spot
> in the ECAC again this year.

By the way... do you know something I don't, because I look at what UVM has
lost... every player of any proven value whatever... and I see a team that
could easily fall as low as 10 or 11.  It has happened before: to RPI, to
Cornell, and to SLU.  Whatever you have done in the past, if you lose
everybody in one big swish, look out below.  A good coach can often stop
that from happening, so in this case... pass the beer nuts.

I think that Clarkson and RPI will be the big guns in the ECAC RS.  Cornell
lost its offense last year but rallied to stave off disaster by retreating
into a strong defensive team.  Well... now that defense is GONE.  This is
going to at least start off as a tough year for the Big Red: as goes Jason
Elliott's save percentage, so will go November and December.

- Greg