From:
"Andrew J. Weise" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew J. Weise
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 1997 18:44:53 -0500
I can't answer the first question, but....

>RPI wins the first game against Union 3-1 gathering 2 points
>for the victory. If, at the end of regulation on the second
>night, the score is tied, does RPI win the series? Or does
>that second game go into the 5 minute OT before the outcome
>is decided? My best guess is that it goes through the 5 minute
>OT giving Union the chance to win  the game and force a third
>game. But that's only my guess since it is the fair thing to
>do. Does anybody know what the tournament rules say?

The first two games are treated as if they were regular season
games. Thus, if tied after regulation, a 5-minute OT is played.
If one team scored in the OT, they get the 2 points. If nobody
scored, each team gets one point.

Andy Weise
SUNY Potsdam '93
Union College '95