From:
Sid Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 1991 15:04:24 EST
 To answer your second question Ross, I think most people censor NC$$ because
the NC$$ recently announced (and this appeared in a posting..sorry, can't
remember whose) that the term "Final Four" can only be used in association with
the NC$$ Basketball tourney. The NC$$ has decreed that no one else may use it
in any way, shape, or form, including all college hockey leagues, etc.
Thus, may on the list have resorted to censoring NC$$ as a show of disapproval
and in my case, disgust and outrage. I personally use the format "NC$$" because
I feel that this organization represents those who seek financial profit from
college athletics through TV rights, trademarks, etc. more than it represents
college athletics as a whole. As for Pierre, I know he takes his share at the
Field House when he calls RPI games..I think the only ref who usually escapes
the Field House unscathed is Harry Ammian, and that's because he lives in Troy.

-Sid