From:
"Todd D. Milewski" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd D. Milewski
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 19:59:39 -0600
At 03:56 PM 3/27/96 -0800, John T Whelan wrote:

>#1: NO GOAL!  NO GOAL!  As Martin St. Louis complained, and the replay
>clearly showed, CC's winning goal bounced off the crossbar, was batted
>by the CC attacker's glove, then went off Thomas into the net.  Too
>bad there's no replay in College.  (I know, not generally feasible,
>but perhaps in the finals.)

This reminds me.  I was away from my computer when it happened, and couldn't
discuss it with anyone, so I'll bring it up now.

In the WCHA Final Five play-in game, St. Cloud appeared to have scored a
goal, and the referee called it such.  After a while of debating whether or
not the puck crossed the line, the refs skated over to the penalty box,
where one ref got into one of the boxes, and looked at the instant replay.

He eventually waved off the goal, and the announcement said, "After
reviewing the replay, there is no goal."  Why were they allowed to use the
replay?  Was there something in the rules for just the Final Five, since the
Bradley Center has its own TV production center, or is this commonplace in
the WCHA?  I've certainly never seen it before.

(Oh, by the way, Michigan Tech won the game in overtime)

Thanks.

Todd D. Milewski   [log in to unmask]
"U-Rah-Rah Wisconsin!"