From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 1994 15:00:10 -0400
Arthur Mintz writes:
>In the ECAC, team B would be considered to be 0 for 2. I can't speak for
>how other conferences account for it.

This is why I say there needs to be a national set of statistical
interpretations, followed by all teams/conferences.  I understand it
the same way Arthur does, but I can't tell you if it would be done
that way in the CCHA or WCHA.  There *should* not have to be any
question.

Graeme Bailey writes (on interference):
>A number of refs did comment that if
>they really called it that way, then fans would go berserk, and were
>reassured (at least the words were spoken) that the coaches would
>support them, and that the NCAA had prepared a media package to explain
>what was going to happen so that the fans would understand.

In the past, Hockey East has had a member of the Rules Committee or an
officials' overseer give a talk at Media Day along with an explanation
of rule changes/emphases, and there were handouts as well.  This year
there was absolutely nothing of the sort, no mention of rules changes,
etc.

I honestly think it would have been more beneficial to the media
present to have this take place than to have two of the coaches get up
and preview the league by repeating things that were already available
in the team prospectuses and league yearbook.

If the hope is that fans will understand the changes and emphases
through the information the media provides to them, chances are it's
probably not going to work that way in Hockey East.
<<<<< Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors (station TBA for 94-95) >>>>>