ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Monty Rand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:21:24 -0500
After reading the story about Wolf, it gave me a flashback to last winter
when I did exactly the same thing playing Rec. hockey. When reading the
article it was verbatim to my exact thoughts and feeling when I was on
the ice and couldn't pick my head up after being pushed from behind and
crashing head first into the boards. Fortunately, I could move my arms
and legs, which made me feel a little better, but the fact I couldn't
pick my head up, scared me beyond beleif.  Definately the most scariest
moment in my life as well.

Anyway, I Wish Wolf a speedy recovery and hope that this type of injury
doesn't happen to anyone else. The one good thing that did come out this
injury is that it puts ones life into perspective pretty quickly.

P.S. While on my recovery trail, I went to see Jack Hart for some
therapy. I remeber seeing him while having some god awful pain and he
fixed me right up. I don't think I've had any pain since seeing Jack.

Monty Rand

Monty Rand Photography
32 Carrie Court
Bangor, Maine 04401