EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Robert Kibler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 11:29:30 -0600
for those of you who don't follow the boxing world, Archie Moore was almost as much of a character as was Pound.  A great, longtime fighter, in his later days, took on persona in the ring. He once actually powdered his face white to make it look as if he were sick and on his last legs.  Told his younger opponent to be easy on him and just let him survive the fight.  The young kid felt sorry for old Archie, let down his guard, and got walloped.  Awfully glad to know that Archie was also literary.

>>> Sylvester Pollet <[log in to unmask]> 11/12 8:16 AM >>>
I'd think it was more meant as "crazy," but I didn't read the piece.