ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 09:12:38 EDT
In a message dated 10/24/98 1:00:45 AM, Deron wrote:

>BTW, Shawn Walsh was serving breakfast at Stewart Commons this morning to
>rally the troops. That is dedication folks.

Yeah, and he said he flubbed only a few flips, so the fine motor control is
still there....  (He is my age so this is encouraging news) I do have to
disagree with his comparison of Morrison to Dunham, as I get a mental kick of
Snowie whenever I have seen Morrison, although I don't think Mikey will let in
as many from the Blue Line as Garth did!

Personally, I think 800 students is a GREAT start!  I hope the word will
spread that there are seats available and they will begin to think of a hockey
game as a good time and come in droves before the four game trial period is
over.  One thing I noticed in "my" area behind the Maine goal is the larger
number of women there, and the other teams, when they came up to watch the
games - well, they noticed, too!  Maybe if this continues, the Alfond will get
another reason to be considered a great place to play!

Deron is right, this is only going to grow, and the Administration will
continue to be responsive to the students needs.  Everyone, administrators,
students and the Prez, wants to come up with a solution that has something in
it for everyone.  Sue Tyler reads these messages, folks, so keep that feedback
coming!

ORONO to Anaheim!

Cathy Hart
Proud Volunteer for the Finest College Hockey Program in the Nation!