From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 1992 00:07:51 EST
I am sorry to see Quinn go (and probably CBS is too, what a human-interest
story) after everything he has gone through to even make it this far, but I
must admit that he did not stand out when I saw Team USA and so Peterson did
have to be objective in making the cuts.  It's too bad, but this likely means
the end of his hockey career; the injections he takes to induce clotting
cost over a million dollars a year.  The company that makes the drug was
providing it free in the hope of getting some publicity, but I wonder if this
will continue.  Anyway, I wish he and Fusco the best of luck; Fusco is
fortunate in not having to worry about his future since he is already involved
in several business ventures (and that surprised you, with him being from
Harvard? :-) ).  Thanks for the news.
---
Mike Machnik        [log in to unmask]       [log in to unmask]