From:
Doug Garn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Garn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 1996 00:32:57 -0500
Because of some unknown problem with the TV signal we were not able to
watch the Vermont/LSSU in the Soo.  So I had to be content with the radio
broadcast of the game.  And I guess I have finally decided that I don't
like the way that our announcer calls the games.  IN fact, I have talked
to quite a few people (a confirmed 5) that also don't like the way he
calls the games.  The reason is that he is so PRO-LSSU that it is very
hard to distinguish how the actual game is going.  The big for instance
of this is that many many times through the game he was telling us that
there should have been a penalty on Vermont, they got away with it again.
Also as the game went on you could tell of his obvious dislike for Frank
Cole and he seemed to be blaming the outcome of the game all on him.

Can someone who was there give us a idea of the officiating  for this game?
Also, does anyone have a tape of this game they would be willing to send
me?  I will pay tape and shipping charges of course.

Any other comments about this game are appreciated (any of you other
Laker diehards chip in here).