From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 30 Oct 1994 00:39:29 EDT
Channel 7 in Boston reported tonight the following HE finals that have
not been posted:

at Northeastern 6, St Lawrence 1 (NC)
Clarkson 3, at Boston College 2 ot (NC)

In addition, these finals have been posted (thanks Charlie and Ron):

New Hampshire 8, at Air Force 2 (NC)
at Providence 5, Mass Amherst 4 (HE)

I caught the end of the Mass Amherst-PC game on the radio and it
sounded pretty exciting, with the game tied until PC's PPG late.  I'm
not sure if this is a reflection of UMA having improved drastically
since last week, or that PC was struggling after a tough game with
Union the night before (UMA was off), or something else.  Looks like
the real PC is somewhere in between the 8-0 loss to Vermont and the
win over a decent Union club, and the real UMA is somewhere in between
their surprising performance tonight and the 6-1 loss to Mass Lowell.

Can anyone verify that the Army win over Mount Allison Friday night
was an exhibition?  I had not seen it listed as such beforehand, but
both the AP scorelist posted by Lynn and all of the papers I bought or
saw on our trip back from NY (Albany Times Union, Boston Globe, the
Syracuse paper, etc.) listed the game as an EX.  Army has 34 games
scheduled, so they could count this result if they wished and my
impression was that they would.

BTW, we also bought a few NY Lotto tickets with the jackpot at $70
million.  If we win, we plan on making a huge donation to Merrimack
for a new rink. :-)

It was interesting that the Times Union ran a column by Steve Campbell
in the aftermath of the BU win at RPI, making reference to RPI's
decision not to leave the ECAC for HE.  The tone was basically, "Good
thing we don't have to face these guys (BU) three times a year." :-)

For any of you planning to bundle up and head to Merrimack Sunday
afternoon for RPI-MC, I'm trying to convince Heather to keep her
great Halloween costume intact - she was Boy George. :-)  (mine was
not one that would make sense to anyone except the people whose party
we went to, and the explanation would be longer than a Bill Fenwick
game report.)
     <<<<< Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors (WCCM 800 AM) >>>>>