ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:50:09 -0400
I knew people from outside Maine would be interested in the news about the
wedding...see repost from HOCKEY-L

Finished packing...See you all in two weeks.

>From: Bret Marr <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Walsh Marriage
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>I'd like to make a quick comment about the Walsh marriage story based on
>the original post, AW's comments and Kevin Ames' question.  As some
>people know Shawn Walsh was an assistant at Michigan State (MSU) for
>many years in the 1980's.  He then moved on to Maine and subsequently
>married MSU Head Coach Ron Mason's daughter.  Many in the Spartan Hockey
>community have assumed than when/if Ron Mason ever retires that Shawn
>would be the heir apparent to teh MSU job, assuming he'd want it. So, it
>struck me as news to see he was remarrying, since I didn't know the
>first marriage ended.
>
>I'm glad it (the news of remarrying) happened in August, so us Spartan
>fans can continue speculating who'll be the new coach if Coach Mason
>ever leaves.
>
>Bret Marr
>Okemos, MI

Dan Doucette
UMaine 78 MPA 80

*** Isn't it fitting someone named Garth Snow is playing for ***
***                  a team in Canada   ???                  ***

            Title IX for Women's Hockey Discussion -
         When will someone sue for a Women's HOCKEY-L ?