From:
Joseph M LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph M LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 08:52:25 -0400
On Mon, 10 Aug 1998 21:01:01 -0400 "NWLB (E-Ticket)"
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
And they also want to look at the power rankings of conferences
prospective tourney  teams play in as a factor.
===
Have not had my morning caffiene shot yet,so I'm taking this to mean that
the *conferences* RPI ranking will be taken into account.

Who proposed this anyway?  Hockey East?

If I recall correctly, historically the past few years have had a
conference RPI of

1) CCHA
2) HEA      \ these two flip back & forth.
3) WCHA  /
4) ECAC

So what we're saying to the traditional ECAC powers is that you might be
good, but because your conference has some of the worst teams in the USA,
you're not going to get better than a 3 seed?  Hrumph! I say.

Adam Wodon, John Whelan & other ECAC defenders - your comments are most
welcome in this matter.

Joe LaCour
Clarkson '77

Halpern for the Hobey!!!!

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]